Once the installation of Small Business Server 2008 finishes successfully, you can start configuring and managing your server with the SBS console. In a series of screencasts, we will go through the obligatory initial configuration steps for the Small Business Server 2011 – the so called Getting Started Tasks.
The Getting Started Tasks are:
• CIW – Connect to the Internet Wizard
• Customer Feedback Options
• Set up your Internet
• Configure a Smart Host for Internet e-mail (if you need one)
• Add a trusted certificate
• Configure Server Backup
• Add a new user account
• Connect computers to your network
• Add a shared printer to the network
In the following screencast, you will see a demonstration of CIW – Connect to the Internet wizard. One of the common problems which you might encounter is the infamous message - The server found a network that has the DHCP service enabled on the router
. This way SBS 2011 enforces itself as a DHCP server on the LAN as you cannot complete the CIW without first disabling any existing DHCP servers. We demonstrate this scenario in our demo using a popular NetGear router.