In Part 1 of this Screencast
we have introduced Exchange 2013 into our existing Exchange 2007 organization.
In the second part, we move all resources to Exchange 2013 and decommission Exchange 2007 server. This “simple” plan is split into nine steps.
We start with a preparation phase, during which the clients are not affected. It includes:
- Preparing the Exchange 2013 server
- Configuring the URL on both Servers
- Requesting and installing a Multiple Domain GoDaddy SSL certificate
- Configuring Split-Brain or PinPoint DNS zones
The good preparation pays off in the second phase, when the clients are affected and we would like to minimize downtime and interrupted access to resources. This phase includes:
- The Switchover
- Moving the Mailboxes
- Moving Public Folders
- Decommissioning Exchange Server 2007
For your convenience, we have published the text file with our project plan and commands that we are using in the Screencast here